Friday, April 19, 2013

Once the Grief is Gone

There is a whole life out there waiting on you to get done with your grief and sorrow. 

I can't tell you how long it's going to take, but whenever you find the strength to let go of all the pain in your life, you'll automatically receive peace. Peace happens when you stop struggling to find a reason to love and accept yourself and simply do it. It is highly unproductive to fight against yourself. And it blocks all the wonderful things that could come.

I smile and am happy most days of my life now because whatever happens, I truly love myself. I respect my right to be imperfect. I dare not give the whole world more mercy than I can give to myself. In fact, I must first be filled with this love and mercy and peace and then I can share it with the world.

So go on and grieve and go through your process, but don't stay there. Things are actually going to be brighter and better on the other side. Keep moving until your tears stop flowing and the sun shines brightly upon you.

Join me at Officially Lacresha Hayes, on Twitter and if you hadn't yet, stop by my website and grab a copy of one of my books.

No comments: