Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Helping Those Who Need It

For the past month, I've been exchanging emails with 3 children who are victims of sexual abuse and are now in foster care. It's part of a program called Survive and Mentor. I'm very happy to be a part of it. Unfortunately, I only have time for these three. There are dozens and dozens of children who are seeking care, someone who will keep up with them, care about their feelings, their grades, their clothing, etc. Think of it as a spiritual surrogate program. The only thing I don't much like is there is a limited amount of spiritual discussion you can have. You cannot present Christ as the ONLY way to salvation. Rather, you can't say that directly.

I'm interested in sending these teens some of my books. There are 38 of them total. I've sent my three a book already. However, this is getting expensive and I need the support of those who can to help me keep this ministry going. I love what I do. I want to get some of you more involved.

If you are able, please consider giving a one time gift of $10 via Paypal, or sending it to me through the mail. This will help considerably. Also, don't forget about the clothing and staples program we have here in Marion. If you have clothing, baby supplies, or staple items you can part from, don't hesitate to send it to us at:

Angels of Hope and Recovery
c/o Lacresha Hayes
100 Lucy Lane, #17
Marion, AR 72364

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Hayes,

I left a donation. We might need more books soon. I know what you're doing is costly, but God will repay you double for your trouble.

Susan

Anonymous said...

Left a donation also. We all appreciate what you do for us.

Joyce Anthony said...

Stop on over at my blog, Cresha--there is a surprise for you :-)