Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Absent Parents

There was a portion of my book, a very painful one to write, that discusses growing up without your parents. No doubt, this is a very difficult thing to do. It breeds insecurity on all levels. Children attempt to reason away the absence, often turning the blame inward.

Why is my mom/dad not here? Is it me? Am I good enough? What's wrong with me? Am I too ugly? Too fat? Too dumb? Too worrisome? Too hard-headed? Did they love me? Am I worth loving if my own parents don't love me? Why doesn't my father want me? And on and on...

Don't do this to your children. Be there for them because they are more important than all the things you put before them. Children need reassuring. That affirmation builds their character and confidence. It isn't spoiling them. It is an investment in their future, and yours. Be there for your children.

Get your copy of my book now at http://store.livingwaterspc.com or at Amazon.com, both paperback and Kindle.

No comments: